"I have set the Lord continually before me; because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved." - Psalm 16:8

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Country Music!

So recently while I was at my friends house, he had his TV set on the channel GAC. As I was sitting in his room listening to some country music videos they had on I just thought to myself, what have I been missing?

I used to listen to country a lot when I moved to Charlotte, but I think I kind of let it fade away the longer I stayed at college. Now, hear me out, not all country is good, but you see bad music in every type of media. However, I do like country because:

1. I can understand the lyrics. Nothing frustrates me more than not being able to understand what the artist is saying (yes rap music, I am talking to you). I hate getting attached to song and then really start to figure out the words in it and then realize I probably shouldn't be listening to that song, haha.

2. I can relate to it. I find it hard to relate to a lot of songs these days. This is usually true because all musicians sing about is their "high" life. All they talk about are the parties they go to and so on. I like country because, while not all the time, it talks about stuff we are all going through. I think, at the end of the day, I feel like country is more from the heart.

3. It involves God... sometimes. I don't think country music always accurately portrays Christianity, but I like songs that can at least involve Him, and not drugs and sex. There are a lot of songs that I think have done well with this whole concept of involving God. I think I can just relate to the songs better because of all this, because in my life I would be turning to God with my problems, and in a lot of songs that is what they sing about.

Now, don't get me wrong, there is a lot of bad country that is depressing and talks about drinking and so on.

Overall, it has just been great to hear some good country songs. A genre I feel like I had really set aside. While I don't listen to just country, I feel like it has a lot of great things to offer! So don't hate!

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment