"I have set the Lord continually before me; because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved." - Psalm 16:8

Monday, February 8, 2010

NT Reading Update

So I have been trying to read the entire New Testament in 30 days. Have I kept up? In short, no. However, I am not that far behind in my reading plan! Just got a week or so left!

It has been cool so far to read a bunch of the NT. It has been cool to read the gospels in a close period of time and see what each of the to offer. The funny thing is that I thought it wouldn't be super beneficial to me to read through it this quick, I was wrong. It is great because I am a goal oriented person and this challenges me to stay in the word every day! Not to mention, there are a lot of books that I have not read all the way through so it is cool to read some things for the first time.

Reading it all at once is cool because you get this big picture, this picture that I feel is easy to miss just picking out stories and scripture here and there. It has been great to walk along the path with Jesus from the beginning to the end. It is awesome because just like in other books we read, you get wrapped up in the emotions and get attached to the character and their journey. While I have read most of it before, there is just something different about reading it all together. If you have never considered this I encourage you to do so because not only does it keep you in scripture but you will learn so much about the person Jesus was and the promises that God and the New Testament have to offer!

Get reading! Don't let me beat you! haha

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment