"I have set the Lord continually before me; because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved." - Psalm 16:8

Sunday, February 7, 2010

My New Life Motto(s)

There are two sayings that I have come to rely on these days. The first being where I find my joy answering the question, why? The second answering the question, what now, what is the next step?

Q: Why?

A:

"My joy is NOT determined by what HAPPENS to me, but what CHRIST is DOING in me and through me." - Pastor Steven Furtick

How true is this? We want to know why things are happening to us but all we can do is learn and trust in God's plan. We can not let our joy be determined by what is happening to us. We can't get caught up in the "why" of the whole situation. All we can do is listen to what He wants us to learn, and know that our joy is found in the power of Jesus Christ moving in our lives. He is the sovereign king, He is the mighty creator, He is the beginning and the end, rejoice when He is moving in your life, no matter how great or how hard.


Q: What now?

A:
"The best I can do right now is be the man God has called me to be, and He will sort the rest out" - Matthew Shortt = )

I mean I don't like to toot my own horn, haha, but I feel like this is the best answer to the question of what happens next? This is something that is keeping me alive right now. I know that all I can do to move forward in life is to be a godly man, a man who seeks Christ in everything, and I know that as long as I just be that man, the man He created me to be, He will sort out the rest!

I hope you can find encouragement in those two phrases. As promised to Mark Samudre, here is your shout out! He is pretty cool, I guess...

May you always seek the Lord, in everything, and know He is moving in your life, He will not abandon you!

Peace!




No comments:

Post a Comment